view a plan
Here is an Itsy-Bitsy Spider approved lesson about diligence
Title – Diligence – Jezzy’s Example
By – Edna Almanza
Primary Subject - Social Studies
Secondary Subjects -
Grade Level – 1-2
Note from LessonPlansPage.com: This lesson uses a PowerPoint presentation (not included) and a Bible verse (included), neither of which is required to gain benefit from the lesson. Teacher Materials:
- 1 large Spider to play with and have interaction with
- After words to place in room. The key verse will be under it.
- Web-shaped paper for students to write Bible verse on.
- Material to prepare “Spider Charts.” ( Goal card-like charts )
- Power point presentation ( PPP ).
- Children will see the importance of diligence and will strive to be more diligent in their daily activities. (
This will be reviewed by teacher
- “Ahhh Man, I gotta do this again?!” Have you ever felt that way, kids? Like you just CAN’T do it anymore? You are exhausted. You want to… QUIT!! I think all of us have felt that way one time or another, right? (
Wait for response
- ) Well, today I’m going to introduce a very special spider to you. Her name is Jezzy.
- Let’s look at an important lesson Jezzy wants to teach us today! But first, we are going to sing a song together! (
Sing the Itsy Bitsy Spider Song
- ) (
Slide 2 in the PPP
The Itsy Bitsy Spider The Itsy Bitsy Spider