view a plan
This is a lesson on the modern effects of the Treaty of Guadalupe-Hidalgo
Language Arts, Social Studies
Title – Treaty of Guadalupe-Hidalgo: Modern Effects
By – Karen Weaver
Primary Subject – Social Studies
Secondary Subjects – Language Arts
Grade Level – Grade 7
Concept / Topic To Teach:
- Mexican-American War
- Social Studies Era 4: Expansion and Reform (1801-1861)
- Standard 1C: Evaluate the provisions and consequences of the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo.
- World History Era 7: An Age of Revolutions (1750-1914)
- Standard 4D: Assess effects of foreign intervention on social and economic change in Mexico.
- Understand the results of the Treaty of Guadalupe-Hidalgo.
- Students will read the Treaty of Guadalupe-Hidalgo and understand how the treaty affects us today.
- 1. 20 copies of the Treaty of Guadalupe-Hidalgo
- or one copy cut into sections as per the chart below)