view a plan
This is a Cherokee Tale of Good and Evil – Which one will win?
Social Studies, Other
5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Title – Two Wolves – Teachable Moment
By – John Bishop
Primary Subject – Other
Grade Level – 5-12
Indian folklore – Two Wolves
- One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. He said, “My son, the battle is between two “wolves” inside us all.”
- One is EVIL
- It is anger, envy, jealously, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, and ego.
- The other is GOOD
- It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, empathy, generosity, truth and faith.
- The grandson thought for a minute and then asked his grandfather:
- “Which wolf will win?”
- The old Cherokee simply replied, “The one you feed.”
- 1. Do you know someone who is feeds the Evil Wolf?
- 2. There are fourteen words that describe the Evil wolf. Which word describes the person? Discuss.
- 3. Do the same with a person who feeds the Good wolf.
- 4. Which wolf do you feed? Discuss.
Please visit www.TeachingMoments.com for more life skills ideas to help children succeed.
E-Mail John Bishop !