view a plan
This similar “All About Me” scrapbook idea yields a bulletin board, a classroom book and a teacher’s keepsake
Title – All About Me Scrapbooks
By – Andrea Musselman
Primary Subject – Art
Grade Level – 3-4
- Buy a pack of 12 x 12 scrapbooking paper that kids would like. On the first day of school, each student gets to pick his/her sheet of paper.
- Using a digital camera and a photo printer, take a picture of each child and print it out for them.
- Each student then uses stickers, decorated papers, markers, and other embellishments that showcase their personalities and interests to create a page about themselves using their picture to go along with it. As another option, students can journal about themselves on the page as well.
- Each student then takes a turn explaining his or her page to the class.
- Then, all of the pages are placed on a bulletin board for the first couple of weeks for classmates to look at. This is a neat idea for open house with the parents as well!
- When it’s time to take them down, slide the pages into a scrapbook album that is kept in the classroom reading center for the students to look back at all year long. At the end of the year, the teacher has a nice keepsake to remember his/her students by.
E-Mail Andrea Musselman !