view a plan
In this craft project, students create a Christmas tree from hearts and buttons
Title – Create Your Own Christmas Tree
By – Hailey Guild
Primary Subject – Art
Grade Level – K
- 4 different sized green construction paper hearts (one large, one smaller and so on)
- 1 brown rectangle
- white computer paper
Description of the Activity:
- Create your own Christmas tree first by cutting out four different-sized, green construction paper hearts.
- Find the largest heart, turn it upside down, and glue it to one end of the rectangle.
- Find the next largest heart, turn it upside down, glue it over the point of the first heart. Continue with the last two hearts.
- Decorate the tree using glue with buttons, and ribbons.
- Glue your finished Christmas tree to your white computer paper.
- Following this activity, you can ask your learners a series of questions such as, “What does your Christmas tree at home looks like?” and “How does it different from the one you created here?” Another question to ask them could be “What comes first in decorating a Christmas tree: the ornaments, the string (ribbons/garland), tree topper, or putting the tree up itself?”
E-Mail Hailey Guild !