view a plan
Making 3-D snowflake magnets is a fun winter/holiday project
K, PreK, 5, 4, 2, 3, 1
Title – Snowflake Magnets
By – Rebecca Roddey
Primary Subject – Art
Grade Level – PK-5
Students will be able to make three-dimensional snowflakes with magnets. This will help improve hand and eye coordination.
1) Students will make two different size snowflakes and paste together.
2) Teacher will help paste snowflakes to magnet (hot glue gun works best).
3) Teacher will help younger students detail snowflakes.
4) View Snowflake/Winter/Christmas video for younger students.
5) If given for presents at Christmas time, students can wrap them once finished and dried.
Foamies (soft, cushioned construction paper)
Hot glue gun w/glue
Sequins (can be Christmas shapes or to your liking)
Snowflake outline (large and small)
- Scotch tape
Teacher Observation: Teacher will watch younger students with scissors and provide help where necessary.