view a plan
This Drawing 4 Children software idea is brought to you by the number 5 and the colors red, blue, green, black, and purple
Art, Computers & Internet
Title – The number 5 and colors Red, Blue, Green, Black and Purple
By – Beth Shoesmith
Primary Subject – Computers / Internet
Secondary Subject – Art Grade Level – PK – K
Have the students count to 5. Talk about the colors Red, Blue, Green, Black and Purple. What things can you find that are these colors? Red : apples, stop signs, fire, etc. Blue : The sky, water, eyes, etc. Green : grass, eyes, trees, etc. Black : oil, tires, etc. Purple: Plums, violets etc.
- Have the students open Drawing 4 Children(Drawing 4 Children is a free download from www.Kidsdomain.com ) This lesson could be adapted for Kid Pix.
- Students should click on the color white and then click on the shapes toolbar icon.
- Choose the circle or oval tool and have the students draw five white circles.
- Click on the pencil cup and have them use the paint bucket and fill in the circles with the color that you say by clicking in the middle of the circles.
- Click on the colored pencil in the pencil cup and draw a wiggly line from the balloons to the bottom of the page. (This is a good activity for fine motor skills.)
- There are many variations and possibilities for this activity.
E-Mail Beth Shoesmith !