view a plan
Here Halloween storyboards are assembled and acted out
Language Arts, Art
5, 4, 3
By – Kiana
Primary Subject – Art
Secondary Subjects – Language Arts
Grade Level – 3-5
Introduction: This lesson is a great way to teach both art & drama! What you need:
- Foam or paper Halloween shapes
- Glue sticks
- Plain paper sheets with a large four-square grid
So sorry, you have to draw the grid!
What to do:
- First have the kids think up a Halloween story.
- Hand out the plain paper, giving each student one sheet.
- Have them use the pencils, the shapes and other knick-knacks to create the story on the pieces of paper. Explain to them that they need a beginning (
- ), a middle (
they can use two more
- ) and an end (
the last one
- After they have spent some time on it (
about 15-20 minutes
- ), surprise them! Have them vote on which story to do (
sometimes you can fit in more them one, depending on how much time you have
- ) and act it out!
Conclusion: Kids love to learn by doing something, and even more when they can help plan it!
E-Mail Kiana !