view a plan
This patriotic collage idea that can be used for holidays throughout the year
By – Mary Cullinane Cofone
Primary Subject – Art
Grade Level – Pre-K-K
- For Memorial Day, Armed Forces Day, Flag Day, or the Fourth of July have your students make a patriotic collage.
- Collage Materials:
- You’ll need scraps of red, white, and blue paper. Flag stickers, foil stars, strips of red paper, and glitter work well, too.
- Stained Glass Window Materials:
- Give each student a 9″ x 12″ piece of clear contact paper and small (1″-3″) pieces of red, white, and blue tissue paper. (If you are fancy, you can even cut the tissue paper into stars!)
- To make the collage, simply have the children glue the items listed above on another sheet of paper.
- As an alternative, try a patriotic “stained glass window.” Give each student a piece of clear contact paper and small pieces of red, white, and blue tissue paper (described above). Peel off the protective paper on the contact paper. The students place the tissue on the adhesive side and then place the entire collage on a window. The contact paper should cling to the glass, but can easily be removed later.
- The window cling idea can be used for a variety of holidays throughout the year. Just change the colors!
E-Mail Mary Cullinane Cofone !