view a plan
Learners use self-describing words as a structure in this “Art about Me” drawing idea
4, 5, 6, 7
Title – Art And You
By – Anna R.
Primary Subject – Art
Grade Level – Level 4-7
- In this lesson, students learn to draw creatively using words as a structure for a drawing.
- Get the students to brainstorm all of the main characteristics about themselves.
- Ask them to put these characteristics into two lists: good and bad.
- Then they must put them in order, most important to least important.
Preparation before Main Task:
- Students pick 1-5 of their characteristics.
- Students draw things about themselves around the 1-5 words that they have chosen. They could hide the words, or they could have the words as a main structure with the pictures around it.
- After completing their artwork, the students write a conclusion on why they chose the pictures, words, and colors they chose.
- This may take more than one lesson!
E-Mail Anna R. !