view a plan
Create a simple shoebox lid shadow box here with potpourri and craft stick flowers
Title – Shadow Box Flowers
By – Pamela Gravley
Primary Subject – Art
Secondary Subjects – Science
Grade Level – Special Ed (Mental Retardation)/K
Domain: Cognitive, Fine Motor
- The students will put together the parts of a flower.
- The students will practice fine motor skills.
Materials: shoebox lids, paint, craft sticks, potpourri, felt, glue
- The students will paint the inside of the shoebox lid.
- The students will glue green craft sticks as the stems of the flowers.
- The students will glue green felt for the leaves.
- The students will glue potpourri to create the petals of the flower.
Message from LessonPlansPage.com: be sure to use a potpourri that is non-toxic, in case students put leaves in their mouths or lick their fingers after touching it.
These make great gifts for Mother’s Day.
E-Mail Pamela Gravley !