view a plan
Students acquaint themselves with the Photo Story 3 medium here while making simple 4-picture stories
Computers & Internet
6, 7, 8
Title – Using Photo Story 3
By – Ricardo Soria
Primary Subject – Computers / Internet
Grade Level – 6-8
Concept / Topic To Teach:Students will create an electronic story using Photo Story 3
Texas School Library Standard III:
- Principle 3: The librarian employs existing and emerging technologies to access, evaluate, and disseminate information for integration into instructional programs
- Students will create a story either personal or made up using photos and narration through Photo Story 3.
- The students will have the option to include music.
- Teacher shows a sample of a story created using Photo Story 3 to the students .
- Teacher plays sample video, explain to students that it was created using Photo Story 3.
- Teacher walks students through the creation of a mini (four-photo) story.
- During this process, the teacher demonstrates how to add photos, choose music, use animation, etc.
Plan For Independent Practice:
- Students will bring photos to class.
- The next day, they will start adding photos, narrating, and customizing.
- Teacher will be available for assistance.
- The teacher will play the short photo stories created by the students.
Assessment Based On Objectives:
- Students will share stories with the class.
Adaptations (For Students With Learning Disabilities):
- They will be helped by teacher, staff, or even students themselves (paired).
Extensions (For Gifted Students):
- Students will create a fiction story with video included. The story may be a sequel to another book title.
- The students will be permitted to add drawings instead of photos.
Possible connections to other Subjects:
- Music, Art, Speech, Television, Communications
E-Mail Ricardo Soria !