view a plan
Here children create a Kidspiration picture web about internet safety (Special Ed – K-5)
Computers & Internet
K, 5, 4, 2, 3, 1
By – Amanda Beaudoin
Primary Subject – Computers & Internet
Grade Level – Special Education (K-5)
- This lesson teaches students about internet safety.
- PK-2.DC.Digital Citizenship 3 – Identify personal information that should not be shared on the Internet (e.g. name, address, phone number)
Learning Resources and Materials:
Development of Lesson:
- As a class, we will discuss what the students know about internet safety.
- The teacher will make a list on the whiteboard.
- Students will use Kidspiration to create a web using pictures and words to show the information they should not share on the internet
- The students can refer to the list on the board if they need help
- The students have to put at least five things in their web
- The students can work with a partner
- The students do not have to use words
- The students can be given a list of the things they should not share, instead of being allowed to choose
- The students can put three things in their web instead of five
- Informal assessments will be made on whether the students were able to create the web, their information pertains to the topic, and their pictures go with the topics they chose.
- The students will share their webs with the class.
E-Mail Amanda Beaudoin !