view a plan
Students develop a story using Photo Story 3 here to demonstrate the application of multimedia in the classroom
Computers & Internet
Title – Creating Multimedia using Photo Story 3
By – Alberto Guevara
Primary Subject – Computers / Internet
Secondary Subjects –
Grade Level – 11
Topic to teach:
- Students will develop a story using Photo Story 3 to demonstrate the application of multimedia in the classroom
Texas Essential Knowledge Standards:
- 126.26 Multimedia – The student will:
- Analyze demands for accomplishing tasks to appropriately use input, processing, output, and primary/secondary storage;
- Make decisions regarding the selection, acquisition, and use of software in a multimedia classroom/lab taking under consideration its quality, appropriateness, effectiveness, and efficiency;
- Delineate and make necessary adjustments regarding compatibility issues including, but not limited to, digital file formats and cross platforms connectivity;
- Use necessary vocabulary related to multimedia;
- Install and configure appropriate software;
- Students will gain experience on the many applications of multimedia in the classroom.
- Students will learn how to use Photo Story 3 to develop multimedia presentations.
- Internet access
- digital camera
- music digital format
- headset with microphone
- Photo Story 3 software
Anticipatory Set (Lead-in):
- Remind the students of stories they have created with pictures. Ask the class to raise their hands if they have a photo album that they want to show to friends or make a presentation.
Step by step procedure:
- Give students some free time to conduct research on the use of Photo Story 3 by accessing an online tutorial.
- Students will then download and install software on the computers.
- Students will take pictures or scan pictures into computer.
- Students will start developing a multimedia presentation of a story that they want to share to classmates.
Plan for Independent practice:
- Allow students to access the online tutorials.
- Students will interact with the program and if any questions they can look on the web for information or ask a classmate.
- Discuss with students some of the benefits of putting together a multimedia presentation using this application.
Assessment based on defined objectives:
- Student will be graded by a rubric that will briefly mention the different objectives for grading such as appropriate music, time frame, appropriate pictures according to story and narration.
Adaptations (For students with Learning Disabilities):
- Teacher will explain the procedures and show the students on a one-to-one basis, if requested.
Extensions (For Gifted Students):
- Include a demonstration on uploading photo story presentations using a streaming platform such as YouTube.
Possible connections to other subjects:
- This can be connected to a business course when teaching students how to effectively present new company ideas for the marketing department.
Assessments and follow-up:
- Students will present their presentation to the class. The instructor will use a student’s presentations to measure learning goals. The instructor will conduct an oral discussion with students at the end of all the presentations.
E-Mail Alberto Guevara !