view a plan
This is good tutorial on using Photo Story 3 to create a memorable multimedia college entrance or scholarship presentation
Computers & Internet
9, 10, 11, 12
Title – Multimedia Presentation: A Memorable Occurrence
By – Sylvia Reza
Primary Subject – Computers / Internet
Secondary Subjects -
Grade Level – 9-12
Concept / Topic To Teach:
- Utilizing Photo Story 3 to prepare a digital story.
Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills Business Education Standards:
- Section 120.23.c Business Computer Information Systems I (1/2 – 1 Credit) – Grades 9-10
- (8) The student applies presentation management technology. The student is expected to:
- (A) identify the guidelines for using graphics, fonts, and special effects in presentations;
- (B) analyze the effectiveness of multimedia presentations; and
- (C) determine the appropriate technology to create and deliver an effective presentation.
- Use Photo Story 3 to create a 3-5 minute digital story.
- Over a week’s time period, the learner will learn how to design a digital story:
- utilizing personal photos or documented downloaded images
- adding appropriate narration and music for desired affect.
- Upon completion, the learner will present in class.
- Downloaded Photo Story 3 Tutorial
- Headset with a microphone
- Wired Internet Connection
- LCD Projector for viewing
Anticipatory Set (Lead-In):
- The teacher will upload two or three brief videos depicting different technological strategies that were utilized to demonstrate the student’s and Photo Story 3′s capacity to create exceptional multimedia presentations using still images combined with text narration and music.
- Save photos — either scan or download — follow copyright laws.
- Save music — follow copyright laws.
- Download or access Photo Story 3 on your computer.
- On welcome screen, select -Begin a Story-.
- Click -Import Pictures-” Locate and select the images you would like to use in your story and click -OK-.
- Access following link for step-by-step guidance to complete your presentation – http://download.microsoft.com/documents/australia/education/photo_story_3.pdf
Plan For Independent Practice:
- Student-centered learning will occur as students design their presentations implementing self-check activities as well as collaboration with their peers.
- Students will demonstrate new learning.
- Facilitator will observe to determine the level of mastery and provide individual remediation as needed while walking around the room as the students work independently.
Closure (Reflect Anticipatory Set):
- Before uploading the presentation, the learner will address the class, informing them of his/her reasons for the choice of topic.
- After the presentation, a brief question and answer period may follow, allowing further insight for students interested in the topic.
- Students will be able to apply their new knowledge within varied social, academic and civic endeavors as life-long learners.
Assessment Based on Objectives:
- Rubrics will be developed assessing the following areas:
- Oral presentation on the purpose of the story
- Choice of content
- Use of images
- Narrative pacing and volume
- Meaningful audio soundtrack
- Source documentation of photos and music
Adaptations (For Students with Learning Disabilities):
- The learner will be given handouts of Step 6 tutorial.
- The learner will be allowed to complete the project utilizing more collaborative learning; individualized tutorial, and/or more time as necessary.
- Depending on disability, modifications will be implemented as per IEP (Individual Education Plan).
Extensions (For Gifted Students):
- Gifted students will be allowed to assist learners who are experiencing difficulty with the process before seeking teacher assistance.
Possible Connections yo Other Subjects:
- Photo Story 3 may be used in all core areas as a visual and audio medium for learning.
- Students may also utilize this technique in preparing college entrance or scholarship applications.
E-Mail Sylvia Reza !