view a plan
This idea uses Drawing 4 Children software to explore different types of transportation
Computers & Internet, Social Studies
PreK, K, 1, 2
Title – Transportation
By – Beth Shoesmith
Primary Subject – Computers / Internet
Secondary Subjects – Social Studies
Grade Level – PK – 2
Talk about what “Transportation” means. Transportation is a way that people or things move around. Some means of transportation are: Trains, Bicycles, Motorcycles, Cars, Trucks, Boats, Airplanes, Tractors, Hot Air Balloons, Etc. Have the students draw a “Transportation” picture.
- Draw a train track across the bottom of the page. The track is under the pencil cup.
- Draw a road across the middle of the page and another one from the train track to the bottom of the page. The road is under the pencil cup.
- At the top of the page, draw a blue circle in one corner. This will be a lake for the boat.
- At the bottom of the page draw a brown triangle. This will be a dirt pile for the bulldozer.
- Now click on the blue stamper, and then click the present.
- Put a stop sign at the intersection.
- Stamp a bicycle and a motorcycle by the pond. These both have two wheels.
- Now stamp two cars on the road.
- Stamp three things that fly in the sky.
- Stamp a bulldozer by the brown triangle. The bulldozer doesn’t have wheels.
- Stamp a boat in the lake.
- Stamp a train on the tracks.
- Save as transportation in the individual student folders.
E-Mail Beth Shoesmith !