view a plan
Outline of Lesson:
- I am a social worker from another elementary school. I talk with students about all kinds of things – feelings (if they are sad, angry, happy), how to take care of their feelings, and friendship and how to get along with friends.
Poster: How To Make Friends/How to Lose Friends
- Discuss the traits of being a good friend. What do we look for in a good friend?
- Discuss the traits of not being a good friend.
- Second Step Curriculum – what is happening in the picture
- Discussion questions:
Book: Help! The Story of Friendship
- Read and discuss the main topic