view a plan
Letter Bears will be alphabetized in this center activity
Title – Letter Bears
By – Crystal Fiscal
Primary Subject – Language Arts
Grade Level – Kindergarten
TEKS: Language Arts 7A – Student will be able to name and identify each letter of the alphabet.
- 1) The student will be able to identify the color and letter of the bear during center time.
- 2) The student will be able to count how many bears they see.
- 3) The student will be able to arrange the bears in alphabetical order.
- 1) Brown construction paper (enough to do the whole alphabet)
- 2) Pattern of a bear
- 3) Scissors
- 4) Markers
- 5) Pencil
- 6) Ziploc bag
- 7) You will need to laminate them
- Need to have the alpha bears cut out before students are assigned to their center activity.
- Students can work in groups.
- The alpha bears activity can be best fit in a language arts center
- Show me by raising your hand, how many of you like teddy bears? Today during centers time you will be able to work with a teddy bear while learning the alphabet.
- For the teacher:
- 1) Trace the bear to the brown construction paper enough to make from A to Z!
- 2) Write a letter on the teddy’s tummy
- 3) When you finish writing all the letters you will laminate them
- 4) Then you will be ready to cut out the alpha bears
- 5) Then it is your choice to place the activity on a center or not
- For the students:
- 6) Students will have to take turns
- 7) When you have the alpha bears in your hand you will read the letter ALOUD to your partner
- 8) Count the bears
- 9) Put the bears into Alphabetical Order and place them on the carpet
- 10) When you have done all of what I asked for you will be able to play with alpha bears and make up your own words and read them aloud to you partner.
- 11) You will only have one minute, then it will be your partner’s turn.
- 12) When is time to clean up, you will organize and clean your area.
- Ask how many words they made with their alpha bears? What were they?
- What color was the bear? How many bears did you count? Tell them that they will have another time to play with the bears when everyone has had a chance.
E-Mail Crystal Fiscal !