view a plan
Children create “A Book of Many Colors” from magazine pages in this idea
Language Arts, Art
K, 2, 1
Title – A Book of Many Colors
By – Keyana
Primary Subject – Language Arts
Secondary Subjects – Art
Grade Level – K-2
- Magazines with color photos
- Children’s scissors
- Pale-colored construction paper
- Prepare a blank 30cm x 45cm book for every student by folding a few sheets of paper in half and stapling them together twice in the middle.
- Pass out the books and tell your students that they will be making “A Book of Many Colors.”
- Set out all of your magazines and have children choose different pages that are very colorful and glue them into their book.
- Make sure to tell them that each page needs a sentence such as “I like this picture of an alligator because the green is the same color as my sweater and it’s my favorite color.” or “I picked this picture to go in my book because the purple violets are so pretty.” and etc.
- You should make a book to demonstrate to the younger kids, so they can get a better understanding of the assignment.
- When students are finished, have them read their book to the class, if they are willing to.
E-Mail Keyana !