view a plan
Christmas Card Nouns and Adjectives
Title – Christmas Card Nouns and Adjectives
By – Kathleen Sennett
Primary Subject – Language Arts
Grade Level – 1-2
- Christmas cards
- white paper
- pens, pencils or markers
- On the first day, each child gets to choose a Christmas picture that is actually the front of an old Christmas card. (I save the cards I get each year and go through them in early December, cutting off the fronts to prepare for this lesson.)
- Each child also receives a piece of white paper. They glue the card to the paper in the middle near the top.
- On the right side of the paper under the picture, the child writes down nouns that are in the picture. That afternoon I then draw horizontal lines across the paper separating each noun.
- The second day, the child writes down adjectives on the left side of the paper that describe the nouns they wrote down the previous day. I limit them to one color word and one number word as adjectives.
- The third day, they use the adjectives and nouns to write sentences or a story about their picture.
E-Mail Kathleen Sennett!