view a plan
Students will compare the character traits of Henry and Mudge here using Kidspiration and a Venn diagram
Computers & Internet, Language Arts
Title – Comparing and contrasting Henry and Mudge
by Cynthia Rylant and SuÃƒÂ§ie Stevenson
By – Alicia Dyer
Primary Subject – Language Arts
Secondary Subjects – Computers / Internet
Grade Level – 2nd
Duration – 20 minute session
- The students will drag and drop character traits within a Venn diagram to describe two story characters.
- The learner will identify the story elements of characters and their traits.
- Language Arts:
- The learner will use technology to share and communicate information with others;
- open and save a document to/from a specific folder;
- identify the appropriate application for the task by name;
- drag and drop and
- review basic word processing skills: format text, edit, and print.
- Computer with Kidspiration.
- Henry and Mudge book
- Henry_mudge.kia template
- The students will read Henry and Mudge prior to the activity.
- The students will choose the descriptions that fit each character.
- The teacher will demonstrate how to:
1. Open document named henry-mudge.kia
2. Drag and drop the phrases in the Venn diagram.
3. Print document.
4. Name and save the document to the student’s folder.
5. Quit Kidspiration.
- The teacher will check to see that the learner has placed the phrases within the Venn diagram correctly.
- Language Arts:
- The teacher will observe students using technology to share and communicate information with others,
- The teacher will observe students opening and saving a document to/from a specific folder.
- The teacher will observe students identifying the appropriate application for the task by name.
- The teacher will observe students formatting text, editing, and printing.
Extension Activities: (Optional)
- Advanced learners can pick two characters from another story and do a trait comparison using Kidspiration.
E-Mail Alicia Dyer !