view a plan
This problem solving writing prompt was inspired by an Action Maze website
Language Arts, Computers & Internet
Title – The Evil Landlady
1. Present the story of below
2. Students imagine that they meet an evil landlady. How do they solve this problem?
3. Ask the students to work in groups
4. Discuss their solutions.
5. Have each group explain reasons for their solution.
Follow up activities
1. Have class brainstorm students’ own problem solving experiences.
2. After sharing students’ problem solving experiences, assign students to a debate. One group plays ‘landlady or landlord’. The other group plays ‘tenant’.
3. Write an assignment to describe how they solve a real life problem.
E-Mail Sandrine Ting !