view a plan
After each student creates a self-descriptive bubble map, the class graphs the popular adjectives in this first day of school idea
Language Arts, Math
K, 5, 4, 2, 3, 1
Title – First Day Adjective Bubble Map and Graph
By – Melissa Wise
Primary Subject – Language Arts
Secondary Subjects – Math
Grade Level – K-5
- At open house, ask students to bring a picture of themselves for the first day of school. Teachers can use the media center camera and take a picture if needed.
- On the first day, have students make a bubble map describing themselves with their picture in the middle. For students who can take it a step further, draw a square around the map and give information to prove why.
- Allow students to work in cooperative groups to assist each other with adjectives.
- Allow class time to share and explain.
- As a math extension, graph bubble map adjectives to show the most popular to the least popular.
- This lesson might also be used start an autobiography that uses a timeline.
- Let the imagination do its job!
E-Mail Melissa Wise !