view a plan
Be popular! Assign this Christmas song parody idea!
Computers & Internet, Language Arts, Music
7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
By – Cindy Penaluna
Primary Subject – Language Arts
Secondary Subjects – Music, Computers / Internet
Grade Level – 7-12
- The students pick their favorite Christmas song. (Name a few to get them started.)
- The students look their favorite song up on the Internet in at least two different places.
- They read the history of the song and or author and summarize the information that they have found.
- Then they take their chosen song and make a “parody” song. Their “re-make” must have the same rhythm and beat as the original song.
- They present their version to the class.
- The students suggested that they play a game by letting the class guess which song that they had chosen.
- I graded this in two sections:
- The summary
- The “re-make” and presentation
E-Mail Cindy Penaluna !