view a plan
Use this Tongue Twister template to practice parts of speech
3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Title – Tongue Twisters
By – Ryla Pollan
Primary Subject – Language Arts
Grade Level – 3-8
Students not only have fun with this creative writing activity, but they also review several parts of speech!
- * pencil and paper
- 1. Start with sharing some well-known tongue twisters with your students. They get really involved as they try to repeat them and share others. Next, challenge your students to write their own tongue twisters. I use this model to get them started:
- * Nouns – use at least one (Betty)
- * Verbs – use at least one (bought)
- * Adjectives – use several (brainy, billion, big, Buicks, black)
- * Adverbs – use at least one (busily)
- * Prepositional Phrases – use at least one (by the bay)
2. Using this model, we now have a tongue twister: Brainy Betty busily bought a billion, big, black Buicks by the bay.
- 3. Have students write several. Let them go through the peer editing process. Then print final copies to display on a bulletin board or put them together for a class book.
E-Mail Ryla Pollan !