view a plan
In this sequence of events idea, the transitional words “first, second, and third” are used
Title – Transitional Words
By – M. Mays
Primary Subject – Language Arts
Grade Level – 2nd
- Use transitional words to describe the sequence of events.
Story: Henry and Mudge in Sparkle Days
- by Cynthia Rylant and Sucie Stevenson.
- First, Second, Third
- 1. Read the story
Henry and Mudge in Sparkle Days
- 2. WRITING: Write three things that Henry and Mudge do in this story about winter fun (sequence of events).
- 3. Be sure to include the transitional words: First, Second, Third.
- 4. WRITING: Write about three things Henry and Mudge would do if it was Summertime. Be creative.
- 5. Be sure to include the transitional words: First, Second, Third.
- 6. Illustrations: (optional) Illustrate three events that happened in the story.
E-Mail M. Mays !