view a plan
This is a good activity to do following a unit on Short Stories
6, 7, 8
Title – Short Story Unit Final (Fun) Project for the Whole Class
By – Johanna George
Primary Subject – Language Arts
Secondary Subjects –
Grade Level – 6-8
This is a perfect activity to do after you have done a unit on short stories. Usually two to four stories is best.
1. The day before you do this assign everyone to write three questions to all the main characters of the stories you read. That way they will already have some questions in mind.
2. Pick a few students to play the role of short story characters. Make sure you don’t pick shy students, or someone who will not take it seriously.
3. In a talk show environment have the characters sit in front of the class with name tags. The audience (the rest of the class) will ask them questions they wished they could have asked the characters while reading the story.
4. The students playing the characters have to answer the questions as if they were that character.
5. I usually play the role of talk show host so that everything keeps flowing, and stays under control.
Posters and a video camera add to the fun.
6. The next day allow the classes to watch the tape. They will enjoy this so much!
This is a fun way to bring the stories to life and review the stories before the unit test.
E-Mail Johanna George !