view a plan
In this Spanish lesson, students describe objects to a store clerk
Title – Spanish Customers
By – Mrs. Ryan
Primary Subject – Language Arts
Grade Level – 11-12
Concept/Topic To Teach:
- Language Simulation
- To allow students to learn general Spanish terms while learning to engage in conversation.
- Spanish-English dictionary/textbook
- The students will take turns being the customer and Spanish-speaking person. The Spanish speaker can only use Spanish terms while talking to the cashier/business person. They will have to explain the type of item they are looking for in Spanish and allow for the English-speaking clerk to interpret and help the person.
- 1. Split the students up into teams of two.
- 2. Have the students separately find terms in Spanish relating to an item they visually pick out in the room.
- 3. Then flip a coin to see who will play each role.
- 4. The Spanish person is to describe that item to the English-speaking person to help them find it!
- It is to allow for communication.
Possible Connections To Other Subjects:
- General business, foreign language, communication, etc.
E-Mail Mrs. Ryan !