view a plan
Here’s another Internet Scavenger Hunt, this one on Shakespeare
Language Arts, Social Studies
9, 10, 11, 12
Title – Shakespeare Internet Scavenger Hunt
By – Amy Friedl
Primary Subject – Language Arts
Secondary Subjects – Social Studies
Grade Level – 9-12
Below is a fun Internet Scavenger Hunt you can use with your class while studying about Shakespeare! Students will have to browse the Internet sites at the links below to find the answers to the questions. In case some of the Internet sites have disappeared, you may need to look for other websites where students can find some of the answers.
Number your paper 1 – 12 and answer the following questions based on what you find on the corresponding websites. You may have to do a little searching once you find the page, but all answers are on the site attached to the blue links in each question.
(For easier navigating, right-click on the link and click “Open in new window.” This will allow you to close out of your link and still have this window up on your screen.)
1. From when to when did Shakespeare live?
2. In what region is Stratford-on-Avon located?
3. What war occurred in Shakespeare’s time and why was it fought?
4. Name one contemporary (someone who lived at the same time) of Shakespeare. When did he/she live? What did he/she do?
5. What was the name of the theater that Shakespeare worked in?
6. Name two plays that were performed in the rebuilt theater’s opening season in 1997.
7. Describe what is painted on the “Heavens” above the stage proper.
8. In one of his sonnets , what does Shakespeare do when he counts “the clock that tells the time?”
9. Name two comedies with the name of a character in each. (Name cannot be a name in the title of the play.)
10. Name two histories with the name of a character in each. (Name cannot be a name in the title of the play.)
11. Name two tragedies with the name of a character in each. (Name cannot be a name in the title of the play.)
12. How can you ask a question to get help with Shakespeare on the internet? (List the steps in order.)
E-Mail Amy Friedl !