view a plan
Students Practice Math with the Math Sampler computer program here
Title – Math Sampler
By – Tonya Hoschar
Primary Subject – Math
Secondary Subjects – Computers / Internet
Grade Level – First – Second
The student will be able to…
1. Type their password in
2. Get into the program
3. Select category in which to practice math
4. Answer the problems that appear
5. Practice till they get them right
2. Math Sampler computer program
What is 4+4? What is 10-0? Math is fun when we want it to be. And a good way to practice and see if you know your combinations is by working on the computer.
Today we are going to use the program called Math Sampler. You will have so much fun, you will hardly know you’re doing math.
V. SEQUENCE OF ACTIVITIES:
1. Introduce math on the computer.
2. Give directions of how the game is played.
3. Have students get up and form a line and walk quietly to computer class.
4. Once they have arrived they go to their separate computers and type in their password.
5. Once they have done this they will click on Math Sampler.
6. Now they are into the program
7. They will select what I told them to and begin to practice their combinations.
8. If they miss a few they are to go back and do that level once again.
9. By the end of computer class they should have had a good review of their combinations.
10. Now they will EXIT out of the program and shut down their computers.
11. Once again we will form a straight and quiet line and proceed back to the classroom.
12. We will now resume our other studies.
Ask the students some questions about the Math Sampler program. Ask them some combinations they learned or reviewed.
The students should be able to answer the questions with a 99% accuracy.
E-Mail Tonya Hoschar !