view a plan
Bring geometry to your students’ level with this “Geo-Mat” idea
Title – Geo-Mat
By – Kimberley King
Primary Subject – Math
Grade Level – 3-4
- Preparation: Use permanent marker to draw plane figures on bulletin board paper (approximately 4-6 feet in length).
- Be sure to include the following:
line right angle rectangle curve acute angle circle obtuse angle right triangle isosceles triangle scalene triangle square quadrilateral parallelogram equilateral triangle parallel lines perpendicular lines
- Use: The “geo-mat” can be placed on the floor for teaching and reviewing plane figures. Gather a group of no more than 4-5 students around the mat and ask questions such as:
- Can you find a shape that has three sides?
- Put your hand on it…triangle.
- Continue with the questions.
- SC Curriculum Standards: IA
- Objectives: The student will demonstrate the ability to follow directions, identify plane figures, and work in groups.
- Hint: Students need to remove shoes to prevent tearing the paper.
E-Mail Kimberley King !