view a plan
This lesson is on counting and graphing gummy bears
By – Joyce Bobinski
Primary Subject – Math
Grade Level – P – K
- Mathematics #3 – Students will understand mathematics by solving problems through the integrated study of number systems.
- Students will
- Sort by color.
- Count 1-10
- Graph the number of items
- Tally the total number of items
- Colored markers
- Various colors of gummy bears.
- Graph for coloring in gummy bears
- The students are given a bag of various colored gummy bears.
- They are asked to sort their gummy bears by color, placing them in piles in front of them.
- The students will be asked to identify and name each color they have sorted.
- The students will color each of their gummy bears on a color graph.
- When all of the bears are graphed, the students will be asked to count the number of bears in each color graph.
- They will record the total number of each gummy bear on the graph.
- The students will be asked which color has the most number of bears.
- The students will be asked which color has the least number of bears.
- Use visual assessment as well as the color graph to evaluate students’ work during this lesson.
E-Mail Joyce Bobinski !