view a plan
Learning and Applying Different Types of Graphs.
Computers & Internet, Math
Title – Learning and Applying Different Types of Graphs
By – Kristin Reeves
Primary Subject – Math
Grade Level – 7
Multimedia Graphing Unit Contents:
- Lesson 1: YouTube Scatter Plot Instructions
- Lesson 2: Using Scatter Plots
- Lesson 3: Types of Graphs PowerPoint (below)
- Lesson 4: Create Excel Chart and Kidspiration Presentation
- Lesson 5: Mean, Median, Mode and M&Ms
- Learning about different types of graphs and applying them to various situations.
- D.RE.07.01 Represent and interpret data using circle graphs, stem and leaf plots, histograms, and box-and-whisker plots, and select appropriate representation to address specific questions.
- As a class, we will go through the PowerPoint with everyone taking notes on the definitions.
- At the end of the PowerPoint are some examples of data sets that need to be assembled in some graphs.
- As a class, the students will decide what type of graph to use.
- After the presentation, everyone will be given a worksheet very similar to the examples at the end of the presentation for them to do on their own.
- In my classroom, I have two students with Down Syndrome, one with autism, and a student that has attention deficit disorder. These children should do well on this assignment, but I will be around to help them individually if needed.
- The worksheets will be graded.
- In our final test on graphing, there will be a section on choosing appropriate graphs. Performances on this test will prove how well the students have absorbed this material and whether or not these lessons have been effective.
E-Mail Kristin Reeves!