view a plan
Here is a Halloween 2-digit addition with regrouping worksheet idea
By – Julie
Primary Subject – Math
Grade Level – 2nd
- After the lesson, the student will be able to complete the worksheet without any error.
- After the worksheet, the student will understand two-digit addition with regrouping.
- During the lesson, the student will be able to work independently.
List of Materials Needed:
- Worksheets (See note below)
- Hand out worksheets
- Hand out materials
- Ask: “How do you like Halloween? How would you like it if we could do math and Halloween together?”
- Students should have prior knowledge of this topic at this point in the year.
- All the worksheets and materials should already be handed out.
- Directions: Explain to students that you want them to decorate each animal and then cut it out.
- More Directions: Have them solve all of the problems on their worksheet.
- If they need help, they should ask. If they ask, go and give them the help or guidance that they need.
- Tell them how to match the numbers on the animals to the correct answers on the page.
- Have them glue the animals onto the page in the right places.
- Check to see if all of the answers are correct.
- The class can then share how they decided to decorate their animal amongst themselves.
- Pick up the papers and grade them.
- Review the answers with the entire class and make sure they understand how you got to the answer.
Special Note: The worksheet that I am referring to is just four math problems typed on a page with enough room around each one so that an animal with a corresponding number may be placed there. The animals are just a page of four Halloween animals that I found and wrote a number inside of to make a matching worksheet. E-Mail Julie !