view a plan
Here is a number recognition hide-and-go-seek game
PreK, K, 2, 1
Title – Hide The Numbers
By – Sierra
Primary Subject – Math
Grade Level – PreK-2
- construction paper
- any kind of shape (i.e. hearts, hands, turkeys)
- First, make numbers 1-10 or 1-20, however many numbers that you want to have.
- Second, the numbers must be on some type of shape; I like to use hands.
- Third, have the children close their eyes as you hide the numbers around the classroom. (Be sure that the numbers are easy to find for younger children)
- Fourth, tell the children to open their eyes and let them find the numbers.
- Fifth, when all the numbers have been found, sit the children down and ask for the numbers (i.e. “Who has number 1?”)
- Finally, when all of the numbers are called out and collected, then you can start over.
I can guarantee the children will love it; I know my class does!
E-Mail Sierra !