view a plan
This teacher suggests reading “Adding Annie” before tackling addition and subtraction worksheets
Math, Language Arts
By – Syquita Parks
Primary Subject – Math
Secondary Subjects – Language Arts
Grade Level – Kindergarten
Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills Math Standards:
- K4A – Model and create addition and subtracting problems in real situations with concrete objects.
- Comprehend the story
- Count with teacher on the whiteboard
- Add on their own with the worksheet
List of Materials Needed:
- Adding Annie book
- Adding and subtracting worksheets
- Make the worksheets.
- Have the book and copies of the worksheet ready.
- Students will be at the carpet for Adding Annie and counting on the white board.
- They will move to their tables for the worksheet.
- Read the book
- to the children.
- Have students sit on the carpet while you read Adding Annie .
- Write different numbers to add and subtract on the whiteboard.
*** + **
3 + 2 = 5
**** + ****
4 + 4 = 8
******** – **
8 – 2 = 6
- Have a different student come up for each different equation and have them solve the equation.
- Explain the worksheet to the students and make sure they understand that the worksheet is like the problems we did on the board.
- Send them back to their tables by their color rows and have them work on the counting worksheets.
- Going over the equations on the board and having students come up and give the correct answer after reading
E-Mail Syquita !