view a plan
“Swat It” is a multiplication game idea using flyswatters
3, 4, 5
By – Amy Tims
Primary Subject – Math
Grade Level – 3-5
- 2 Fly Swatters (
one for each team
- Write products to multiplication facts up on the board. Be sure and spread them out, leaving enough space in between them.
- Divide the class into two teams. Have each team form a line near the board (
- ). Put tape on the floor known as “the line”. Team members may not cross “the line” until you have called out a multiplication fact.
- Call out a multiplication fact. The first person to be “IT” from each team has his fly swatter in hand. They “swat” at the correct answer on the board. The first one to swat correctly gets the point for the team. If the first swatter gets it wrong, they go to the back of the line and the other team member gets a chance. If he (
team 2 member
- ) gets it wrong, that round is over and the next team members in line get a new multiplication problem to swat at and the game continues.
E-Mail Amy Tims !