view a plan
This is an idea for an ordinal number lesson
Title – Math – Ordinal Numbers
By – Jaya Butani
Primary Subject – Math
Grade Level – 1
- Explain to the children that ordinal numbers mean in order from 1 to —-.
- 1. Make flash cards (I used
- ). Give each child a card with a random number (ordinal number) and asked them to go and stand in order from 1st to 16th.
- 2. Children stand in line facing the door and you act as if you are giving them (pretend) popcorn and say 1st, 2nd, etc. Then, turn facing the other side and have the children also turn, so the last child will become the first child.
- 3. Children then sit in a circle and say the numbers starting from 1st and the next child says 2nd, etc.
E-Mail Jaya Butani !