view a plan
This is a sequencing relay game
Math, P.E. & Health
K, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Title – Sequencing Relay
By – Tammy Underwood
Primary Subject – Math
Secondary Subjects – Health & Physical Education
Grade Level – K-5
- Students will retrieve items and place them sequential order while participating in physical activity.
- Approximately 8 cones
- 4 sets of laminated items to sequence
( even numbers, days of the week, phases of the moon, months of the year, parts of a paragraph, timeline of historical events, etc. )
- Teacher will set up cones (2 per group for 4 groups) about 10 yards away from each other, unless done inside of the classroom. Inside you would just put them as far apart as you feasibly can.
- Students will be split evenly into 4 groups and placed behind their beginning cone
- Across from them will be their other cone and the laminated cards face down.
- On the “go” signal the first person will run (hop, jump, skip, etc) to their opposing cone and bring back one of the laminated cards.
- When the first person gets back, the second person goes and so on.
- As students come back with their number, they place it on the ground near their group.
- When all of the items have been retrieved, the group puts them in order.
- The laminated cards could be colors or shapes to be put into a pattern or words arranged to make a complete sentence.
E-Mail Tammy Underwood !