view a plan
In this lesson, students match units of time with corresponding activities
Title – Time Notecards
By – Katlynn Neal
Primary Subject – Math
Grade Level – 1st
- Students will be able to differentiate units of time.
- Students will be able to match units of time with corresponding activities.
- pink and green notecards
- notecard display board
- Obtain notecards and write activities on the green notecards and corresponding units of time on the pink.
- Students will be asked to sit on the carpet in front of the notecard display board.
- Ask students about some of their daily activities and the amount of time those activities take.
- Place first activity card on board. ( How long does it take to brush your teeth? )
- Read all time unit cards to students ( minutes, seconds, hours, days, months, years ) and ask them to choose the correct unit of time for the activity.
- Place correct answer ( minutes ) under the question on notecard display board.
- Place new activity card on board ( wash hands ) and ask for response ( seconds ).
- Place new activity card on board ( full night of sleep ) and ask for response ( hours ).
- Place new activity card on board ( drive to California ) and ask for response ( days ).
- Place new activity card on board ( grow an inch ) and ask for response ( months ).
- Place new activity card on board ( turn 16 ) and ask for response ( years ).
- Ask for any other suggestions of things that take: seconds, minutes, hours, days, months, years.
- Release children to their desks for follow-up questions.
- Ask students:
- How many seconds should you wash your hands?
- How many minutes should you brush your teeth?
- How many hours they need for a full nights sleep.
E-Mail Katlynn Neal !