view a plan
Staff Game is a kinetic activity idea for reinforcing the fundamentals of music
3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
By – Delma Threadgill
Primary Subject – Music
Grade Level – 3rd – 8th
- This is a great activity to reinforce the fundamentals of music.
- Draw a music staff on the floor at one end of your room and a starting line on the other. (I used colored chalk on the carpet in my room because it will vacuum up.)
- Divide the class into two teams.
- Call out the word “line” or “space” and then the name of that line or space.
- One player from each team must try to land on the line or space first and they cannot fall off. The first one there gets the point for their team.
- Next you can draw notes and rest on the staff and ask for them or their value.
- Later on in the year, let the kids call them out and keep score.
- My kids love this game because they get to move around in the room and they love the competition.
E-Mail Delma Threadgill !