view a plan
In this game, students use their bodies to represent rhythms
Math, Music, P.E. & Health
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Title – Body Rhythm
By – Alisa Lofton
Primary Subject – Music
Secondary Subjects – Math, Health / Physical Education
Grade Level – 1-5
- Students understand the value of rhythms.
- Students will be able to clap rhythms correctly.
- Students will be able to identify rhythms correctly.
- Select four students at a time to stand in front of the room. They have five seconds to decide what they are going to be:
- - Stand straight with legs together
- - Stand with legs apart
- - Stand with legs apart and lean over and place one hand on the ground.
- - Same as triple-t but with both hands on the floor.
- - Make a “Z” shape with one arm and one leg.
- - Act like you are placing a hat on your head (or have hats for them as a choice).
- - Take hat off your head and put it by your tummy.
- - Stand with one leg placed on the other (like a flamingo).
- - Make an “O” with your hands above your head.
- They each choose what they want to be and the rest of the class has to clap and say what they are. Once the five seconds have passed, then they can not change their mind. I usually give each group of four two turns. I play this game as a reward for good behavior. They LOVE it!!!
E-Mail Alisa Lofton !