view a plan
“Let’s Give a Medal to Mama” is a medal presentation idea complete with a song
K, 2, 1
By – Mei Huang
Primary Subject – Music
Grade Level – K-2
Mother’s Day Medal for Mama Idea
- This is basically a medal presentation for mothers (don’t you think the deserve a medal!!) idea and there’s a great marching-band type song they can sing called “A Medal for Mama”. The words are very cute:
“She’s brave, she’s strong, she works the whole day long,
Let’s give a medal to Mama
- and the marching band oom-pahs along behind the singing.
- There’s a special instrumental interlude – probably about a minute or so – for the mothers to come up and receive their medals. If you have access to chime/tone bars or glockenspiels etc., there’s a simple G-C-E-G’ melody the kids can play along with the marching band.
- We did it last year and the mothers were so touched. It’s definitely something new and exciting which you, the class and mothers can enjoy. We even made our own medals!! I found the song on a CD called “Celebrate” by Geere Music and you can buy it on
- Actually, this CD has been a lifesaver on many occasions, but that’s another story.
E-Mail Mei Huang !