view a plan
This is a “Note Name Sparkle” game idea
5, 4, 3
By – Rachel Hansen
Primary Subject – Music
Grade Level – 3-5
- Board Staff
- Magnetic Noteheads
- Students stand in a line or semi-circle, where all students can see the board.
- The teacher places 4-5 noteheads on different lines and spaces on the staff.
- Students go in a line, naming one note each.
- When the students run out of notes (the 4 or 5 that were up), the next student in line says “Sparkle” and the following student is “out” and has to sit down.
- The teacher then places 4-5 different noteheads and the process repeats.
- If a student guesses the note wrong they sit down and the next student has the opportunity to guess.
- Last one standing is the winner!
- You can use this with as many notes as your students know.
- Many other classes use this game too, like spelling, so the kids may already know the game!
E-Mail Rachel Hansen !