view a plan
Singing this song turns lining-up into a joyful activity
PreK, K, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Title – Lining Up!
By – Hollie Mendenhall
Primary Subject – Music
Secondary Subjects – Classroom Line Management
Grade Level – P-5
- I wanted a good way to line up children at the end of class. A couple years ago, I created this in desperation, and now my kids LOVE it! It’s sung in the style of an army chant (mi-do-do-la-do-do-mi)
- ____ grade fall into line
- Talking now would be a crime
- Turn around and face the door
- Or we’ll do this more and more.
- After each line, the children echo me and sing it back. They line up as soon as I start singing. They may not talk, but they can sing (It’s also a great time to discuss the difference between talking and singing voices.) Every grade likes to sing it, even the 5th graders!
E-Mail Hollie Mendenhall !