view a plan
This is a lesson on “The 10 Things Anger Steals from YOU”
7, 6, 5
Title – 10 Things Anger Steals from YOU – Teachable Moment
By – John Bishop
Primary Subject – Other
Grade Level – 5 – 7
- Anger is a natural emotion that each of us experiences. When used correctly it can motivate us into action to complete a task or right an injustice. This type of anger can give us a strong sense of accomplishment when we take immediate action to correct the injustice or perceived wrong.
- However, anger can also be a thief. When someone directs anger negatively toward themselves or others, anger steals from that person.
10 Things Anger Steals from You:
- 1. Anger can steal your time.
- 2. Anger can steal your energy.
- 3. Anger can steal your self-respect.
- 4. Anger can steal your relationships with family, friends and co-workers.
- 5. Anger can steal your ability to communicate effectively.
- 6. Anger can steal your sense of right and wrong.
- 7. Anger can steal your vision of the future.
- 8. Anger can steal your health.
- 9. Anger can steal your sense of well being.
- 10. Anger can steal your problem-solving skills.
- If you don’t control your anger, it will control you. Uncontrolled anger is giving your personal power to someone or something else. An important part of growing up is learning how to effectively deal with anger issues.
Questions for Discussion
- 1. Is my anger holding me back from developing relationships, setting goals or effectively communicating my ideas?
- 2. Where is my anger directed?
- 3. What caused me to get upset?
- 4. Who can I talk with to help me understand my anger issues?
- 5. Is my anger to a point that I need some profession advice?
Quote for Discussion:
- “To overcome difficulties is to experience the full delight of existence.” Arthur Schopenhauer
For more teaching moments visit www.TeachingMoments.com
E-Mail John Bishop !