view a plan
Here are “10 Ways to Prepare for YOUR success”
5, 6, 7
Title – 10 Ways to Prepare for YOUR Success – Teaching Moment
By – John Bishop
Primary Subject – Other
Grade Level – 5 – 7
Quote for discussion:
|People only see what they are prepared to see.|
|Ralph Waldo Emerson|
- Success takes time, planning and a strong desire. Success means developing a plan and accomplishing your goals. Success is taking action even when the going gets tough. How do you develop a solid personal foundation to build on for your success?
10 Ways to Prepare for Success: 1. Education:
- – The importance of education cannot be overstated. It does not stop when you leave school. Become a continuous learner. Read more, ask questions and listen.
2. Skills Inventory
- – Do a realistic assessment of your strengths and areas that need improvement. Determine to improve in those areas that need your attention.
3. Develop a Plan
- – Write down a plan for your success that includes goals, individual action steps and a timetable(s) for completion. Answer these questions: What do I want? How will I get it? When do I want it?
4. Find Inspiration
- – Find a role model or mentor who can be your trusted advisor. Find someone who has the experience and knowledge to guide you. Surround yourself with people who can help you reach your goals.
5. Exceed Expectations
- – Be determined, dependable and responsible for your words and actions. Become the “go to” person in your group.
6. Set Realistic Goals
- – Set goals that will stretch your capabilities. Build on the successes of smaller goals. Reward yourself after you reach each goal.
7. Use Your Time Wisely
- – Manage your time or be mismanaged by it.
8. Help Others
- - Mark Twain once stated: “Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.” Successful people know the importance of helping others.
9. Offer Solutions
- – Don’t find fault; find a solution. Separate yourself from those who make excuses, complain or are judgmental of others. If you make a mistake, turn it into a learning exercise.
10. Maintain a Positive Attitude
- – Believe in yourself, visualize your future success and develop a can-do attitude. Success breeds success.
- With these tools you will develop a solid personal foundation to build on for your future success.
You Are a WINNER!!
For more teaching moments: www.TeachingMoments.com
E-Mail John Bishop !