view a plan
This is a plan for making a Valentine Person and poem
Language Arts, Art
PreK, K, 2, 1
Title – Valentine Person Card and Rhyming Poem
By – Elaine
Primary Subject – Art
Secondary Subjects – Language Arts
Grade Level – K-2
- Heart outline
- Red construction paper
- Crayons or paint
Children design a valentine person card. The following poem is used in conjunction with doing the craft.
I made this heart just for you
See the hands and the feet
See the eyes and nose too
And the smile looking so sweet
This is my special way to say
HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY 1. Children trace a heart outline. Add facial features to represent a heart shaped-face (eyes, nose, smiling mouth).
2. Paint or color the heart-shaped face.
3. Cut 4 thin strips of red construction paper.
4. Accordion fold these strips.
5. Glue these strips to the side and bottom of the heart-shaped face. These represent the arms and legs.
6. Glue 4 smaller hearts to the strips for the hands and feet.
7. Glue the poem on the back.
The poem and outlines can be found at
E-Mail Elaine !