view a plan
Students write appreciation cards to their past and present teachers here and learn the importance of being thankful
8, 7, 6
Title – Teacher Appreciation
By – Christina
Primary Subject – Other
Secondary Subjects – Art
Grade Level – 6-8 or any grade level
Group Size – Any
Setting – Classroom
Time – 50 minutes
- Students will write thoughtful cards to their teachers, current and previous. They will understand the importance of learning to be thankful.
- Construction paper
( 5 mins)
- Warm Up: What do teachers do?
- Brainstorm, have someone be the scribe.
- What are some things that teachers do for you?
- Share about your favorite teacher.
- Why were they so special? What did they do?
- Main Activity: Teacher Appreciations
- Make a list of all your teachers that you have now. (You can do others too.)
- Students will take the time to make nice cards for their teachers.
- Include a memory you have of that teacher.
- Share a time where they did something kind for you.
- Write a poem, draw a picture, and make it colorful.
- Debrief: Collect all cards
- Tell the students they can give the cards to their teachers, or “I could hold them for you.”
- Review all cards before delivery.
E-Mail Christina !