view a plan
This idea involves taking “then and now” student pictures for a name learning aid and end-of-year gift
K, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Title – Then and Now
By – Pam Cromwell
Primary Subject – Other
Grade Level – K-5
- This is very simple…
- On the first day of school, weather permitting, take the whole class outside to the playground equipment or some other photogenic area.
- Take a picture of the whole class, then all the boys, then all of the girls. Following that, take individual pictures.
- Then get them developed and hang them up in the classroom. This helps you to learn names quickly and it decorates the room.
- The last week of school, repeat taking the same the pictures and develop them.
- On a piece of cardstock, I print “In the beginning…” and “At the end…
- Paste the students’ pictures with the appropriate phrase and send them home as special gifts to them and their families.
- This is especially powerful with the younger children as they change so much over the course of the year.